Prayers for the week commencing Sunday 18 April 2021:
Praise God FOR HUB: Kids Holiday Program
Give God great praise for the many kids that came to HUB during the school holidays (over 140 in all!). Pray that God would continue to work powerfully in their hearts to save and grow them by his grace. Pray also for Mel, Jamie, and their amazing team of leaders– for refreshment heading into the new school term, and continued good relationships with new families.
St Andrew’s Weekly Prayer Points
Praise God for the safe arrival of Jordan Ian West, born to Marissa and Stuart West on Friday 9th April. Both Mum and baby are doing well, as we pray for good health and the development of new patterns.
Pray for St Andrew’s financial position, currently 24% below Budget at the end of the 1st Quarter of the year.
Pray for the upcoming Christianity Explored course that will commence on Wednesday 28 April and run for seven weeks from 7:30-9pm at the home of Mal & Heather York. May God be at work in the hearts and minds of those who are seeking or have questions about the Christian faith.
Continue to pray for opportunities to invite friends and family to the upcoming outreach series by John Dickson on 16, 23 and 30 May. Pray that God will be at work preparing the hearts and minds of many to receive the truth and come to everlasting life.
PRAYER FOR THE WEEK
Almighty God, you have given your only Son to be for us both a sacrifice for sin and also an example of a godly life; give us grace that we may always thankfully receive the immeasurable benefit of his sacrifice, and also daily endeavour to follow in the blessed steps of his most holy life; who now lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for evermore. Amen.
Mission and Aid
CMS – MALCOLM & LEANNE SERVING IN SOUTH EAST ASIA
It has been a busy time with wedding and engagement celebrations in addition to our normal celebrations at this time of year.
Please give thanks:
- for the reminders over the last few weeks of the sacrifice made for us on the cross.
- that the college semester is going well and that we are back into the routine of teaching.
- for the registration of our church
- for the young couples who got married in what should have been our mid-semester break that they would continue to serve God and be a witness to him in their marriages.
- that we would cope with the increasing heat and humidity. We have noticed that our 9 months in Australia last year has affected our acclimatisation to the weather here.
- We are losing a couple of our English teachers after this semester. Please ask that the government would make it a little easier to replace the staff we are losing by allowing more skilled foreigners to enter the country.